My good friend and semi-delinquent blogger Ryan over at Communal Feast has created a mix CD that he calls a soundtrack inspired by the book of Revelation. I call it Trumpets, Woes, and Beasts, because it sounds a lot more menacing.
Ryan has been preaching through the book of Revelation Wednesday nights at my church, and it’s been awesome. If you want to check out some of the teachings, head on over here to the church website and download a few. I think you’ll really get a ton out of them – they’re not your standard Revelation sermons (whatever that means).
But, of course, what you’re really after is the music, so here is The Blah Blah’s first ever Revelation compilation, made up mostly, but not completely, of Christian artists:
1. Chapter 01: Phil Keaggy – John the Revelator (Download or Stream)
2. Chapter 03: Brian Doerksen – Light the Fire Again (Download or Stream)
3. Chapter 04: Miss Angie – 100 Million Eyeballs (Download or Stream)
4. Chapter 05: Jon Abel – The Revelation Song (Download or Stream)
5. Chapter 06: Solomon Jabby – Four Horses Ready (Download or Stream)
6. Chapter 10: Lenny Smith – I Saw a Mighty Angel (Download or Stream)
7. Chapter 12: Over the Rhine – The Trumpet Child (Download or Stream)
8. Chapter 13: Larry Norman – Six-Sixty-Six (Download or Stream)
9. Chapter 16: Believer – Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) (Download or Stream)
10. Chapter 16: One Bad Pig – Bowl of Wrath (live) (Download or Stream)
11. Chapter 17: The Swirling Eddies – Mystery Babylon (Download or Stream)
12. Chapter 19: Earthsuit – Whitehorse (Download or Stream)
13. Chapter 20: Johnny Cash – The Man Comes Around (Early Take) (Download or Stream)
14. Chapter 21: Randy Bruce – New Jerusalem (Download or Stream)
15. Chapter 22: R.E.M. – It’s the End of the World as We Know It (Download or Stream)
* Download all the songs as one giant RAR file right here.
Enjoy the CD, listen to the song with its appropriate chapter if you feel so inclined, and download the album art here.